Customers must have a DPPA-approved reason to subscribe to each of these services. Click each item below to learn more.
Electronic Access to Driver and Vehicle Records
Interactive Driver and Vehicle Records and Point-to-Point services enable authorized customers to access Maryland vehicle and driver records.
Option 1: Interactive Driver and Vehicle Record Access (IDVR)
- Subscribed customers can access driver and vehicle records in real time.
Option 2: Point-to-Point System Interface (PTP)
- Subscribed customers use this SOAP (v1.2) web service API to search for and retrieve Maryland vehicle and driver records.
- The service uses HTTPS transport encryption for security. Customers must provide their username and password in each service call for the purpose of authentication.
Driver Batch Monitoring (DBM)
This batch-based secure service enables customers to register a list of drivers they wish to monitor. Customers are notified when violation information changes for a monitored driver.
- Subscribed customers indicate drivers they wish to monitor.
- Each night, DBM inspects the monitored drivers and sends back a result file.
Batch Vehicle Access (BVA)
This batch-based secure service enables customers to submit license plate numbers and receive certain information from the vehicle record.
- Subscribed customers submit license plate numbers for vehicle records they wish to access.
- The service examines the records overnight and sends back results the following day.
Bulk Data Delivery (Bulk)
This batch-based secure service enables customers to receive Bulk Driving and Vehicle Data partial record data.